Saturday, 25 May 2013

Work Shop Fun Time.

Now that assignments are completed there is some spare time available for play. 
I enjoy working on new ideas in this interim time before the College closes down for the summer. 
I've been working on some beads. 

Here they are before being soldered together. 




And here they are soldered and awaiting their enamel 


I had originally made six beads, but two I used as experiments, (which didn't turn out great), and four I created in this design, unfortunately the forth one ended up with the end of my round needle file broken into it :-( 
Never mind I have three to work with and I can always make more. 

I've decided to take the plunge and order a small kiln to work with at home. This will mean that I can carry on with my enamel experiments during the summer break. 


9 comments:

  1. I am so in awe over how you create your own metal beads! Looks like fun experimenting! Lynsey, your new website is really beautiful - so professional, easy to navigate, and such crisp photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy thank you so much for your kind comments, I'm so glad that you found my website easy to navigate, this means it is doing what I need it to do.

      Delete
  2. How did you enamel those? Resume you did them in a kiln... how were they supported in the kiln? they are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      I enamelled these in the big kilns we have at the College, the second image shows how I supported them. I had to bend that mesh myself to create the support for the beads. and the steel wire you see there supports them over the gap.

      Delete
    2. OK I get it thanks... I saw that but it didn't sink in!

      Delete
  3. I sure wish they had had a BA in Jewelry Design when I was in school. You must be having a blast. Getting a file stuck in a bead sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it Mary, so much so that I never want to leave lol

      Delete
  4. Just thought I'd let you know that your email yellowunicorn etc etc... is bouncing back. I tried to respond to your response to my blog post both yesterday and today.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Lynne, it was still set to my old email which has been deactivated, sorted it now :-)

      Thanks again

      Delete